Duplicate identifiers

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Duplicate identifiers

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey everyone... I'm new here... ^^ I tried to install a new version of MaxGUI and I got an Compile Error when I tried to build one of my programs...

The error message is:

"Duplicate identifier 'TIconStrip' in modules 'brl.maxgui' and 'maxgui.maxgui' "

What have I done wrong and how do I fix it? :-)

D4NM4N(Posted 2010) [#2]
Not familiar with maxgui but if you are using 2 modules with the same named identifiers working within the same namespace (or when using both namespaces) you will get this error.

As i say, i am not familair with max gui but are you sure you need to register both modules?

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#3]
Well... If I delete the "maxgui.mod" directory from the "brl.mod" directory I get the error "Can't find interface for module 'brl.maxgui'" instead... :/
Really don't know what I have done wrong... :-)

TaskMaster(Posted 2010) [#4]
The maxgui.mod directory should be at the same directory level as brl.mod, not inside of it.

There should be:

mod\brl.mod
mod\maxgui.mod

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#5]
that's how the directories are looking now... Still getting the error "Can't find interface for module 'brl.maxgui'" ? :(

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#6]
hmm... a good idea would be to rebuild documentation, wouldn't it? :) Problem solved... This is me in a nutshell, solving my own problems... Get used to it.... ;-)

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#7]
brl.maxgui is outdated -- Maxgui *used* to be under the BRL.* branch, but ist was spun off into its own branch.

You'll need to delete the brl.maxgui branch altogether (and possible some other brl.* GUI related folders as well.

Make sure to rebuild the documentation to get it to remove the references to brl.maxgui.

Note: When using any of the GUI command, you now have to use 'import maxgui.drivers' instead of 'import brl.maxgui'

Crovean(Posted 2010) [#8]
Yeah.. I solved the problem my uninstalling BlitzMax and did everything from scratch :-)