[OSX] Wierd canvas positioning

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/[OSX] Wierd canvas positioning

Beaker(Posted 2010) [#1]
Does anyone know why this code produces two visible dots on Windows, but not on OS X (I only see the lower one - the upper one is outside the window)? Is this a bug?

What makes it very odd is that a mouse EventY() yields a correct position, but if you plot a point using the EventY() position, it's wrong.

Am I doing something wrong?

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#2]
Are you using BlitzMax v1.37?

Beaker(Posted 2010) [#3]
Yes.

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#4]
Hmmm... Can you post screenies please?

Beaker(Posted 2010) [#5]
Whoops. Try the code above again. I forgot to uncomment the SetGadgetLayout line.

Here is a screenshot:

As you can see the top dot is outside the frame of the canvas/panel.

Beaker(Posted 2010) [#6]
Is this just me?

Panno(Posted 2010) [#7]
same here and i have also a bug with the imagedropsample if i make the windows smaller

mfg

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#8]
Sorry guys - I can't test for a few weeks, as I'm away from home, and don't have access to my Mac. Maybe Skid could have a look if he has a free moment.

Beaker(Posted 2010) [#9]
Thanks Panno.

Seb - no worries, take your time. And thanks.

SebHoll(Posted 2010) [#10]
Ok, I've had a look at this and it seems to be that Mac OS X doesn't like graphics contexts to be created greater than the parent container. Redefining the initial canvas size to less than or equal to the client height seems to fix the issue.

Unless anyone knows how we can work around this apparent Mac limitation, this might simply have to be something we have to work within. I'm guessing something needs to be tweaked in Brl.GlGraphics but I'm not sure what.