MaxGUI & MaxIDE 1.35 Released

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI & MaxIDE 1.35 Released

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi guys,

No substantial changes, but a bug fix release was needed, so MaxGUI v1.35 is here just in time for Christmas. MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUIEx has had a few performance improvements too, although whether this speed-up is noticeable greatly depends on the program.

MaxGUI.CocoaMaxGUI v1.47 Release
> Fixed DeselectGadgetItem() for ListBox gadgets.
> Applied d-bug's NSScrollbar sizing fix.
> Swapped out deprecated selectItem() selectors for their selectItemIndexes() counterparts.

MaxGUI.FLTKMaxGUI v1.49 Release
> Fixed filename_list.cxx compile error on Ubuntu 9.10.
> Bumped FLTK 1.3.x version to rev. 6948.

MaxGUI.Localization v1.02 Release
> Fixed date ordinals so that entire term is a token.

MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUIEx v0.68 Release
> Suppressed hotkeys with modifiers from being passed to graphics contexts/active panels.
> Combined BitmapFromPixmap24 and BitmapFromPixmap32 into one function.
> Swapped out String-based hWnd TMap for more efficient TIntWrapper equivalent.
> Fixed HtmlViewCurrentUrl() and associated memory leak(s).
> Added hack to stop scroll-bars re-enabling when range is changed.
> Silenced system beep with 'Alt' hotkeys.

Of note, in MaxGUI.Localization, the parser has been changed so that the token for ordinals include the digits too. This small change makes the localization system more flexible for languages which don't directly map "st", "nd", "rd", "th" etc.

No substantial changes to note in MaxIDE, except that it is compiled against BlitzMax 1.36 and this latest version of MaxGUI. I've had a few reports that the evasive 'Find' bug has now been fixed too. I'm trying to petition Mark to bundle this latest MaxIDE with the future BlitzMax releases, so if you could post with any support that would be a great help.

Those people wanting to take advantage of multi-language support can download the following pack of language files (kindly contributed by our multilingual Blitz Dev Team members) and extract the files into your BlitzMax/cfg directory:

User Localization (v0.7) (inc. Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Finnish and Italian).

After doing so, the languages should be available for selection in the IDE Options dialog box.

Happy coding! :-)

plash(Posted 2009) [#2]
Curious (I'm not on Ubuntu atm), have you fixed the saving of syntax highlighting colors in the IDE (in the last IDE it was not saving number or bracket colors)?
Also, has the new-file behavior on the IDE (not pestering the developer about 'untitled*.bmx' files) been restored?

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#3]
Curious (I'm not on Ubuntu atm), have you fixed the saving of syntax highlighting colors in the IDE (in the last IDE it was not saving number or bracket colors)?
Also, has the new-file behavior on the IDE (not pestering the developer about 'untitled*.bmx' files) been restored?

Iirc, these were both fixed a while back. Let me know if you find otherwise, though.

d-bug(Posted 2009) [#4]
First of all, thank you for the update!

...but...

Please, please make the TIntWrapper class in cocoagui.bmx public again. You've killed the OSX part of klepto2's scintilla.mod and my CocoaExt.mod by declaring it as private. *falling on my knees*

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#5]
Please, please make the TIntWrapper class in cocoagui.bmx public again. You've killed the OSX part of klepto2's scintilla.mod and my CocoaExt.mod by declaring it as private. *falling on my knees*

Eeeeekkk... Really sorry about that... Was just trying to do some spring-cleaning, which always get me into trouble at release.

I'm not at a Mac atm but I'll get a 'b' release out tomorrow compiled with TIntWrapper back in the public scope.

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#6]
Superseded by stable MaxGUI v1.36 release.