Icons needed

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Icons needed

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#1]
I need a set of icons that look consistent and good. I would like a Windows 7 style so it looks modern. They can be 16x16, 24x24, or 32x32. Can anyone make these for me? If they are good I will pay. I have been through tons of icon sets and will never find everything I need in one existing package.

xlsior(Posted 2009) [#2]
What do you need them for?

in-game, or actual windows icons to bind to the executable itself?

If the latter, then be aware that the current windows design specs call for icon sizes up to 256x256 to be included with the applications. (Windows vista/7 have the ability to dynamically scale icon sizes upwards in explorer, and if you limit yourself to 32x32 it will look like crap on many modern systems if someone uses the large view)

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#3]
I need png images for the interface.

I like this style, but it would cost $600 and I would still be missing half the icons I need:
http://www.iconexperience.com/v_collections/

Htbaa(Posted 2009) [#4]
Silk Icons from FamFamFam!

They're free by the way.

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#5]
I don't like those. They are low-res and don't look like Vista/Win7.

grindalf(Posted 2009) [#6]
I love the free icons from FamFamFam thanks for the link

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#7]
That style requires lots of work. Can't imagine anyone just making them for you.

_Skully(Posted 2009) [#8]
I assume that if someone sends him a couple sample icons (and they measure up to those he linked to) he'll set up a payment agreement and give them a list of icons needed

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2009) [#9]
Part of my day job is making vista/win7 style icons for various apps.

How many icons would there be in the whole set etc?

Matthew Smith(Posted 2009) [#10]
Josh,

Not neccessarly Windows 7 style, but they do look quite good in the application I'm creating in .Net. They are available here:

http://www.pinvoke.com/

They have base icons (with or without shadows) and also extra icons with overlays. I've found pretty much every icon I've needed myself.

It's difficult to get decent isometric styling on standard toolbars due to their size - would work well on a ribbon though with the extra sizing.