OOP GUI code

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/OOP GUI code

Robb(Posted 2009) [#1]
A long time ago someone posted an OOP wrapper for MaxGUI, does anyone still have the link to it? does it still work on the latest version of BMax/MaxGUI?

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#2]
Nilium's MaxGUI Object-Oriented Wrapper

Robb(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks. Am I right in thinking that imported collections.bmx is this Ilist code?

I compiled the two together and it generates Memory access violations...hmmm

Galaxy613(Posted 2009) [#4]
Compiling the two together works for me. I don't know why it wouldn't work for you unless you tried including them instead of importing them.

Is there any documentation on this OOP Wrapper? I just got MaxGUI and I want to use this instead of the non-OOP MaxGUI but it's not being very beginner friendly. For one, I can not find anywhere that states all the possible events and what data is being sent with them. I'm having to learn just by flailing around in the code.

Another thing, I am trying to create objects and I guess I'm supposed to make a special type for each one? That way I can override methods like OnClose() and such? So I've been trying to do that and I'm trying that with the menu for the main window, but how would I add it to the main window when I can no longer use the AddMenu function? Because AddMenu returns a IMenu which I'm extending.

Here's the code I'm referencing:

Should I punt on doing an Extended type like I should be able to do, and just give eeMainMenu a :IMenu field object?