AppTitle

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/AppTitle

sswift(Posted 2009) [#1]
The AppTitle global variable is used by various commands when a default application title is required - for example, when opening simple windows or requesters.

Not that it's not useful, but when is the above EVER true?

All dialogs and window creation functions ask for a title as the first parameter and there is no "default" setting.

I just came across this when I was porting some BlitzPlus code.

AppTitle used to be a fucntion to set the window title. Something now relegated to the SetGadgetText() command. Now, it just seems to be a global variable. A useful one, sure, but to make any use of it, as far as I can tell, you have to specify it when creating windows and dialogs, or when updating a window's title bar.

Is there some instance where this will actually be used as a real default for something?

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#2]
The AppTitle only applies to standard max2d windows and requester/Dialogs
amd has nothing todo with maxgui. With maxgui you have to set each title by hand.

sswift(Posted 2009) [#3]
Hm...

Function RequestFile$( text$,extensions$="",save_flag=False,initial_path$="" )
Function RequestDir$( text$,initial_path$="" )

Those are both standard Max2D dialog requesters, and they ask for a title.

But Confirm() and Notify() don't, and they have titles.

(I mistook the Text$ parameter in those for the title because that's the same name used for the title parameter in the requestfile and requestdir functions.)

So I guess it is used for something after all, but it's not consistent.

Ked(Posted 2009) [#4]
Confirm, Notify, and Proceed all use the apptitle global. Look into the .c and .m source files.