Window gadget choices

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Window gadget choices

Queller(Posted 2009) [#1]
I see there is a way to specify which window action gadgets are enabled in win32 (close, minimize, maximize) but may I ask if there is a way to do it through MaxGUI on OS X, and how do I do it? For example, I wish to set up a non-resizable, non-maximizing window but allow it to be minimized to and be restored from the dock. The way it is at the moment, either it must be resizable by dragging the corner and having the action gadgets, or nothing at all... no way to pick and choose which gadgets are turned on or off :|

Ked(Posted 2009) [#2]
Put:
SetMinWindowSize(window,640,480) 'or whatever your size
SetMaxWindowSize(window,640,480) 'or whatever your size

After your CreateWindow() function.

This should allow you to only minimize your window and close it. No maximizing or resizing.

Let me know if I missed something.

EDIT: This should also be in the BlitzMax GUI Programming forum. Mod?

Queller(Posted 2009) [#3]
Thanks Ked! This does exactly what I need. It's too bad the gadgets can't be turned off (like greyed out) instead, as one can click the maximize gadget as if it will do something, and have nothing happen, BUT I am not complaining because this will do the trick! Thanks again Ked for pointing this feature out, and thanks to whomever built that into MaxGUI!

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#4]
I will have a look into getting the hints disabled under these conditions for you.