Resizing ails

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Resizing ails

DrDeath(Posted 2009) [#1]
I have the following problem: for a program of mine, I want to have a resizable window on screen that can only be proportionally resized. To explain this further: the window has a size of 800x600 at the beginning and when resized, it is to keep that 4:3 ratio.

So far, so good. I know how to set the window size as desired, but I'd like the window to keep the ratio also during resizing – which it doesn't.

Secondly, I want the window's content to scale with the window's size. Also not much of a problem, but I'd like the contents to scale live, while the window is resized (meaning: the content should always be visible in the right size) – which it doesn't.

Third problem – and that might possibly be a specific Mac problem: when I change the window's size to something bigger than the original size, the content of the canvas in the window gets pretty messed up, as shown in the screenshot below.

If someone has some ideas, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Here's my code:

d-bug(Posted 2009) [#2]
3) Just a guess: try to enable GLShareContexts () before creating the canvas. It does the trick at my place.

DrDeath(Posted 2009) [#3]
No, unfortunately that doesn't help. :(

TaskMaster(Posted 2009) [#4]
The Solution for resizing canvas's is in this thread:

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=70396#787269

DrDeath(Posted 2009) [#5]
Okay, implementing the event hook helps with problems 1 and 2: my window now actually retains the 4:3 ratio and the canvas remains visible during resizing. So far, so good.

Unfortunately, problem 3 remains – the graphics I draw into the canvas is still becoming messed up on upscaling. Any solutions for that?

DrDeath(Posted 2009) [#6]
Nobody any idea on problem 3? At least someone who has seen something similar before? Or am I alone with this problem?

Anybody?

klepto2(Posted 2009) [#7]
Do you really have used the hook code mentioned? or have you just copied your eventhandling into the hook?

if the last, then take a closer look at the resize handling. You need to set the Viewport to the new sizes:

Case EVENT_WINDOWSIZE
			SetGraphics CanvasGraphics(Canvas)
			SetViewport 0,0,ClientWidth(Window),ClientHeight(Window)
			RedrawGadget Canvas
			Return Null

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#8]
Yep. SetViewPort is the most important bit, since, although you are resizing the graphics context when you resize the window, it doesn't automatically adjust the viewport - hence the visual noise you see.

DrDeath(Posted 2009) [#9]
Ah, I see now. SetViewport or not, that didn't made any difference. But the line *before* that did. I originally had the SetGraphics command only at another point in the code. After adding that in the event handling code, it works now as it should.

Thanks for the help!