win32button.cpp Compile Error

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/win32button.cpp Compile Error

SebHoll(Posted 2009) [#1]
Now that we've lost the BRL public SVN server, we're in a bit of a sticky situation.

When Brucey sent off a heap of Unicode fixes for the Blitz modules, MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUI was also tweaked. As such, the latest working copy of MaxGUI requires a relatively recent version of BlitzMax, which although used to be available on the SVN server, is now no longer accessible. Attempting to build MaxGUI from source will result in the following errors (on Windows):

Compiling:win32button.cpp
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32button.cpp: In constructor `Win32Button::Win32Button(BBGroup*, int)':
C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32button.cpp:21: error: cannot convert `const wchar_t*' to `const CHAR*' for argument `2' to `HWND__* CreateWindowExA(DWORD, const CHAR*, const CHAR*, DWORD, int, int, int, int, HWND__*, HMENU__*, HINSTANCE__*, void*)'
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Program Files/BlitzMax/mod/maxgui.mod/win32maxgui.mod/win32gui/win32button.cpp

There isn't really much we can do about this until the next version of BlitzMax is released, but those who are having difficulties may find the following post/thread useful:

Unicode Support for BlitzMax

Please let me know if the suggested fix helps at all.

The other alternative is to completely remove the maxgui.mod\win32maxgui.mod\ folder, and comment out the...

Import MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUI
...statement in maxgui.mod\drivers.mod\drivers.bmx which should remove MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUI for now and allow you to compile the other MaxGUI modules.

Sorry for any inconvenience but there isn't much else I can do from my end.

Brucey(Posted 2009) [#2]
I'd have thought that everyone with the SVN BlitzMax would also have the SVN MaxGUI (if they had MaxGUI, of course) ?

Retimer(Posted 2009) [#3]
I suppose it depends on how people used svn. They were seperate checkouts, so I also had everything up to date except maxgui (completely forgot about it - since wxmax is acceptably gloating at me).

Grisu(Posted 2009) [#4]
The method described above didn't work for me.

Hopefully the new release is just around the corner.