icon view in multi-column textbox

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/icon view in multi-column textbox

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#1]
I came across this very interesting multi-column listview by Ziltch & Cardonic -- but for the life of me can't figure out how to insert icons/images in a column instead of just text.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

jsp(Posted 2008) [#2]
IIRC then icons are only supported in the first column (but can be wrong). I tested this just with your example and it works, but you are looking probably to insert it everywhere?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
Actually, I'm looking to insert it /anywhere/. First column is better than nothing, but I couldn't get it to work there either.

If you have a sample that can get it to work in the first column, I'd like to see the code. :-?

jsp(Posted 2008) [#4]
Here you go:

Local Window:TGadget = CreateWindow("Erweiterte ListBox f�r BMax", 100, 100, 500, 300, Null, 1) 
Local ListBox:TGadget = CreateListBox(2,2,ClientWidth(Window)-4,ClientHeight(Window)-4,Window) 
		Local ListBox1_Icons:TPixmap = LoadPixmap:TPixmap( "C:\gridicons.bmp" )  '<<< loaded the iconstrip pixmap
		Local ListBox1_Strip:TIconStrip = LoadIconStrip:TIconStrip( ListBox1_Icons:TPixmap ) '<<< define as iconstrip
		SetGadgetIconStrip( ListBox:TGadget , ListBox1_Strip:TIconStrip )  '<<< attach to listbox

could of course also be done different...

For Local Row:Int = 0 To 29 
   AddGadgetItem(ListBox,Row,,Rand(1,5))  '<<<< added here the icon index number as random, just to see something
   For Local Column:Int = 1 To 4 
      ModifyListBoxItem(ListBox, Row, Column, "Item " + Row + "/" + Column) 
   Next 
Next 

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#5]
Thanks!