MaxGUI mod not Listed under Modules in IDE

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI mod not Listed under Modules in IDE

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#1]
I just noticed that I don't have MaxGUI listed under the 'Third Party Modules' section of the IDE, which is kind of a pain since I can't see easily browse the help chapters that way.

Is there any way to get it listed among the other modules there?

(the module is installed and working, I can use GUI apps just fine)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Isn't it under Modules any more?

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#3]
All I have listed under 'Modules' is:

Audio, BASIC, Data Structures, Events, Graphics, Math, Miscellaneous, Networking, Streams, System, User Input.

(It's not under any of those either.)

All I can see is under 'Tutorials' -> 'MaxGUI overview' there is a single page with some very basic info, but none of the commands are listed or explained in there

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#4]
Rebuild Documentation

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#5]
Rebuild Documentation

I do that all the time, and have a ton of other modules listed... Just not the MaxGUI.

markcw(Posted 2008) [#6]
Maybe it's because MaxGUI isn't a third-party module.

You should find it under Modules>MaxGUI.

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#7]
You should find it under Modules>MaxGUI

...Except it wasn't.

Anyway, looks like I got it fixed -- doing the Rebuild Documentation through the IDE put it back in there.
Normally I just run DocMods from the command line (*). That way it has been putting all the 3rd party stuff in just fine, but for some reason not MaxGUI.

(*) I have a batch file that does an SVN update from several repositories, then does a makemods and docmods.

Htbaa(Posted 2008) [#8]
And you're sure it's located in /mod/maxgui.mod/ ?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#9]
MaxGUI, BRL and PUB modules are now documented using 'makedocs' while 'docmods' is called by 'makedocs' to build third-party module docs.

Try replacing your call to 'docmods' in your batch file with a call to 'makedocs' instead...

xlsior(Posted 2008) [#10]
MaxGUI, BRL and PUB modules are now documented using 'makedocs' while 'docmods' is called by 'makedocs' to build third-party module docs.

Ah.

That would certainly explain a lot. :-?
Thanks for the pointer!