MaxGUI help files and installation instructions

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI help files and installation instructions

Lane(Posted 2008) [#1]
Could some one please point me to the explicit installation instructions for MaxGUI?
I have unpacked the zip file and places the sub folders content in the d:\BlitzMax\Mod directory.
In MaxIDE I have rebuilt documentation.
MaxGui.mod shows up in projects however there doesn't seem to be any useful information in the help area as to how to use the commands.

Lane(Posted 2008) [#2]
Better. It appears the installation required the single .mod directory be unpacked to d:\BlitzMax\Mod
as such
d:\BlitzMax\mod\maxgui.mod

(which btw also has a maxgui.mod directory in it.)

so, not to new installers.
Just copy the maxgui.mod directory and all it's sub directory's to your \BlitzMax\mod\ directory and rebuild documentation from within the IDE menu.

Lane(Posted 2008) [#3]
If this is correct, maybe a moderator could make it sticky?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
Does the information on the "Product Updates" page not already cover what to do?

MaxGui module
The zip files below contain the MaxGUI module and should be unzipped into your BlitzMax 'mod' directory.

These files must be installed to BlitzMax version 1.30 or better.

Once successfully installed, your BlitzMax 'mod' directory should contain at least the 'brl.mod', 'pub.mod' and 'maxgui.mod' subdirectories.

You will also need to select 'Rebuild Documentation' from the MaxIDE 'Program' menu once the module has been installed to update your BlitzMax documentation.

Lane(Posted 2008) [#5]
maxgui.mod also exists inside the 'maxgui.mod top directory which leads to believe the other .mod files were for something else.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#6]
OK, I've requested that the instructions are updated.

Anyhoo, if you are a new user, I should welcome you to MaxGUI! Happy coding and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... ;-)