MaxGUI Assari tutorial

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI Assari tutorial

delusan(Posted 2008) [#1]
I am having a bit of trouble with the Assari MaxGUI tutorial. Attempting to run his first example(a simple 'Hello world' screen) - I continue to get an error message stating "Identifier TGadget not found". Have uninstalled, re-installed, rebuilt doc - with no effect. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
You need the MaxGUI module, which is an add-on module for BlitzMax.

delusan(Posted 2008) [#3]
I completely uninstalled & re-installed my BlitzMax then I downloaded and installed the MaxGUI module - rebuilding as instructed. Sorry for not mentioning that. Extracted all the d/l files to the mod directory. as the directions say. Then rebuilt the Docs. Have tried cut & paste and typing his code, but continue to get the same erroe message.

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#4]
Have you put this:
Import MaxGUI.drivers
at the top of your code?

delusan(Posted 2008) [#5]
No, I hadn't done that. Thank you, Chalky. Works fine now. I just started learning the GUI - is that Import statement something that will be required at the start of each GUI program? I cant find it in the Assari tutorial, but then I'm quite dense.

Chalky(Posted 2008) [#6]
There have been some extensive improvements made to maxgui by SebHoll over the last few months - that line is now required at the top of all maxgui code, but won't be in the tutorial you're using as it is pretty old and written before the updates to the module. :o)