New Dialog!

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/New Dialog!

Ked(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have created a username and password dialog for MaxGUI. Let me know what you think. I am currently working on more. (Let me know of any you would like. I'd be happy to put something together!)

Seb/Mark Tiffany: Could this be a possible addition to the ProxyGadgets module?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#2]
Here is a reminder dialog.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#3]
Hey Kev,

Nice work ;-)

If you are serious about wanting them to be added to MaxGUI.ProxyGadgets, we first need to make sure that they behave as expected on all platforms. We also need to establish some sort of convention of ProxyGadget requesters, but I'm sure it will pay off as many people will find these things really useful to have quick access to.

I was thinking along the lines of TRequester from maxide.bmx. This is the base type from which all of MaxIDE's Find/Find & Replace/IDE Options/Command Line/Goto windows extend. As you can see it has an InitRequester() method that initializes the window in a standardized way, according to the style parameters specified in flags. This allows the control to be much more flexible - the user can quickly specify which button(s) they want on the requester, the text of the OK button, as well as things like whether we have a divider line, and whether it appears as a tool window.

Have you any thoughts?

Ked(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hey Kev,

Ked. :)

Nice work ;-)

Thanks.

If you are serious about wanting them to be added to MaxGUI.ProxyGadgets, we first need to make sure that they behave as expected on all platforms.

Agreed.

We also need to establish some sort of convention of ProxyGadget requesters, but I'm sure it will pay off as many people will find these things really useful to have quick access to.

I also agree.

I was thinking along the lines of TRequester from maxide.bmx. This is the base type from which all of MaxIDE's Find/Find & Replace/IDE Options/Command Line/Goto windows extend. As you can see it has an InitRequester() method that initializes the window in a standardized way, according to the style parameters specified in flags. This allows the control to be much more flexible - the user can quickly specify which button(s) they want on the requester, the text of the OK button, as well as things like whether we have a divider line, and whether it appears as a tool window.

Have you any thoughts?

I will definitely have a good look at the TRequester from the MaxIDE.

Ked(Posted 2008) [#5]
Oooo... I don't know. I really don't know how to do OOP like that.

EDIT: But I'll try anyway! :P

Ked(Posted 2008) [#6]
I was looking at the TRequester from MaxIDE and it's not what I'm trying to make. I'm trying to do stuff like Notify, Confirm, Proceed, RequestColor, RequestDir, and RequestFile.

degac(Posted 2008) [#7]
Ked, great work.
I just changed your Reminder to manage better the text height (on MacOS the last line in your original example is cut off).

Ked(Posted 2008) [#8]
OK, cool. Thanks, degac.