Menu icons cut off.

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Menu icons cut off.

rs22(Posted 2008) [#1]

The icons are 16x16, and in a PNG iconstrip that measures 48x16. Can this be fixed?

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#2]
If you read towards the bottom of the docs on SetGadgetPixmap(), you will see the recommended size for menu icons. Each OS has different limitations, so a compromise has to be made.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#3]
Couldn't there be a custom-sized icon strip for platforms that need it? (ie. smaller one for platform X).

:-)

rs22(Posted 2008) [#4]
Is the recommended size hard coded? The icons work fine with wxMax.

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#5]
The icons work fine with wxMax.

Of course they do ;-)

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#6]
Is the recommended size hard coded?

For Windows, it isn't hard coded as such. It crops the pixmap to whatever..

GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMENUCHECK)
returns, which is supposed to be the correct size of the check/menu icon. This varies from Windows XP to Vista, and from theme to theme, between (12-16px iirc) and I think I remember OS X having quite a small size constraint, so a size of 12 as it produced consistent results and no clipping.

Of course they do ;-)

Well, if you have a team of coders submitting fixes day and night, and a "Brucey" to wrap the libary into a BlitzMax module, I would expect it would.

I'll have a look into it at some point to see if it could be improved, but MaxGUI needs a whole lot of attention elsewhere too and there's only so much we can do with the limited resources we have.

JoshK(Posted 2009) [#7]
Just do this:
?win32
Local sz:Int=GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXMENUCHECK)
pixmap=ResizePixmap(pixmap,sz,sz)
?
?macos
pixmap=ResizePixmap(pixmap,12,12)
?
?linux
pixmap=ResizePixmap(pixmap,12,12)
?