Can somebody help me on this

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Can somebody help me on this

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#1]
I've BMax 1.28 for MacOS PPC

For some silly reason I can not link programs that use MaxGUI in it.
Well, this problem seems to be discussed before, and as my understanding goes will not be fixed.

Now I downgraded to 1.18 and tried to download MaxGUI there (as a better something than nothing policy). Bad luck, Syncmod no longer appears to be working for that version.

Now downloading 1.26. Can even get it installed (when I run the updater MacOS X simply ignores my request).

Trying 1.24. Heck, it doesn't even upzip (tried Stuffit Expander and 7z on it. Both refuse to unpack it).

So what to do now?
Consider MaxGUI as a total waste of money, or switch over to that SVN thingy.

I considered that last thing (of course), but once again bad luck, SVN got installed, Blitzmax did not.
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/blitzmax/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: The specified URI could not be parsed
What went wrong?

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#2]
Sorry.... Already found out what I did wrong....

Silly me... :D

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#3]
Or so I thought....

sh: line 1: ./bmk: cannot execute binary file

EDIT: Sorry.... x86 version in stead of PPC....
I'm really having a bad day today...

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#4]
So, just to clarify... Is it working now?

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#5]
In Windows Vista yes....
On Mac No....

All problems noted above are yet working, yet for one thing.
I can't link the IDE, and I think it's MaxGUI that does the evil here.

Compiling:maxide.bmx
Linking:maxide
/usr/bin/ld: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/WebKit load command 19 unknown cmd field
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /Users/tricrokra/BlitzMax/src/maxide/maxide.app/Contents/MacOS/maxide
This is the error I get. The same one as I got in v1.28

(BTW, I use MacOS 10.4.11 PPC)

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#6]
Try rebuilding all the modules....

The error likely relates to a version difference between some compiled code you are trying to use, and some system software that has changed since that code was compiled.

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#7]
Great...
Rebuilding the modules won't do much help since I built them all today, but I can try that, nevertheless.

The version difference between MaxGUI and the system code is likely to me to, but since all modules (including MaxGUI) were build without me updating, modifying or otherwise altering the system code, that theory seems a bit strange to me...

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#8]
/usr/bin/ld: /System/Library/Frameworks/WebKit.framework/WebKit load command 19 unknown cmd field

Yep - it is a version conflict. See the following thread for a fix:

Webkit Error on PPC Mac

Tricky(Posted 2008) [#9]
Xcode 2.5....
Can somebody provide me a valid download link to it, cause the site of apple gives me everything but XCode when I search for it.