blitzmax interface builder

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/blitzmax interface builder

z80jim(Posted 2008) [#1]
blitzmax has been my language of choice for years. When I got more serious about programming I started learning GUI on different platforms and languages. I can do BASIC gui on the palmtop, though unfortunately that platform is dying. I can also do objective C with cocoa using xcode and interface builder that comes with it. I'm still learning that language, I'm hoping the right book will come out so I can make the switch to it. But for now I have to use blitzmax for my serious language, so I got into the GUI stuff. But blitzmax GUI code writing is such a pain! Other ones, even doing the code for the GUI is so much simpler and better than blitzmax at this point. So is there, or is there interest in a blitzmax interface builder? Something that simply lets you drag or whatever the objects where you want them, then when you click create code make a new blitzmax file object-style to give you a simple framework with all your gui objects already there?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
There's Logic GUI by jsp, and Seb's also been working on something.
Those might be your best options for MaxGUI.

z80jim(Posted 2008) [#3]
ugh I've got a mac not a PC :(

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ouch... unlucky ;-)

Other options, non-MaxGUI, can include things such as wxFormBuilder which you can use to build GUIs for wxMax... although it's still in beta.

MacSven(Posted 2008) [#5]
I am writing on a GUI Editor for Blitzmax for MacOS X!