ComboBox item width

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/ComboBox item width

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2008) [#1]
After creating a standard combo box, I noticed that when you highlight an item, the highlight is restricted to the width of the item text. How do you make the highlight span the full width of the gadget (as pretty much any other app does)?

Brucey(Posted 2008) [#2]
Probably a bug in the implementation you are using. Is this the normal Windows version of MaxGUI?

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2008) [#3]
Yeah, it's the Windows version of MaxGui. I'm using LogicGui to build my code but I also tried the CreateComboBox example in the help docs and it behaves in exactly the same way.

tonyg(Posted 2008) [#4]
I'm not sure how to do it either. The ComboBox tutorial from Assari shows the problem :

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#5]
Probably a bug in the implementation you are using. Is this the normal Windows version of MaxGUI?

It looks as though this is Windows's decision - if you import an XP manifest file, the highlighting spans the entire row. Try using the new Windows module (MaxGUI.Win32MaxGUIEx) available via SVN.

Ghost Dancer(Posted 2008) [#6]
Thanks for the info, but TBH it seems a bit of a faf so I'll just put up with it for the moment as it's really only a cosmetic issue anyway.