glCube.bmx Unhandled Memory Exception

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/glCube.bmx Unhandled Memory Exception

sblank(Posted 2007) [#1]
The glCube.bmx sample program runs fine on my desktop machine (Windows 2000) with an older NVidia video card. However on my Dell M70 and Dell M90 laptops, the glCube program throws an "Unhandled Memory Exception" error on the "glClearColor 0.0,0.0,0.5,0.0" line. Commenting this line produces the error on the following "glClear" statement. Commenting BOTH allows the program to run, albeit without proper animation. Commenting only the "glClear" statement produces the "Unhandled..." error on the glClearColor statement again.

Both laptops are running WinXP SP2. The M70 has an NVidia Quadro FX1400 go video card (256 mb) and the M90 has an NVidia FX3500 go video card (512 mb).

Any ideas? I'm new to BlitzMax and this seems to be a video card issue (both Dell cards are running the latest drivers). I dual boot to Ubuntu Linux and intend to try the program in linux this evening, if possible, to see if the error is specific to the Win platform.

Thanks for any ideas/help!

Stan

sblank(Posted 2007) [#2]
OK... glCube works on the Dell M70 in Ubuntu Linux 6.10. I'll try the M90 later this evening.

Stan