News on MaxGUI

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/News on MaxGUI

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi guys.

I there ANY news regarding the MaxGUI module? ANY short term bugfixes planed at all? ANY timeline? - Expected there would be an update together with the BMX 1.26 release?!

Thanks, Grisu

H&K(Posted 2007) [#2]
it must have been updated to some degree, because it now comiles under minGw 5.3

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#3]
Not sure whether it needed to be updated as it *should* be downward compatible.
I do wish there was a bit more focus put on user requests though.

N(Posted 2007) [#4]
Not sure whether it needed to be updated as it *should* be downward compatible.
In MinGW's case, all code is backwards compatible, but only if you link it with the appropriate dependencies. Expecting object files compiled under different versions of a compiler -- or even different compilers, as some people seem to want -- is downright idiotic and I hope you understand this.

In addition to this, an update was needed, so you're wrong on two counts.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#5]
The problems with the new mingw were mainly class naming issues as the MaxGUI C++ class names "strangely" were 1:1 identical to the mingw ones ... :)

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#6]
Errr, either I wasn't clear, you have misunderstood what I meant or its that time of the month for you again.
As MaxGUI module is at 1.15 on both 1.24 and 1.26 modservers I'm guessing it hasn't been updated.
Whether or not MaxGUI needs to be updated is another question although it'd be appreciated.

N(Posted 2007) [#7]
Whether or not MaxGUI needs to be updated is another question although it'd be appreciated.
It does need an update, that's what I said.

dmaz(Posted 2007) [#8]
I haven't paid for GUI since I got it free because of owning BPlus, I was waiting for a first update since skid asked for $30. But I would gladly pay 50 bucks for an update that fixed all the bugs and added the gadgets we've been asking for.

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#9]
I don't mind paying more money for upgrades.

hub(Posted 2007) [#10]
i've also paid the extra 30$ to encourage Skid to develop it, but there are no news about maxgui future and upgrade ! Grid gadget planned ?

Difference(Posted 2007) [#11]
bump

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#12]
bought it as well, still hoping to see the beta version of it further developed as Bruceys wxMax together with wxFrameBuilder at the moment would be worth 2-3 times as much ...

Brucey(Posted 2007) [#13]
I refused to pay an extra $30 for something I'm having to fix myself...

*(Posted 2007) [#14]
Im with Brucey, maybe its a thing for the community to 'rectify'?

JoshK(Posted 2007) [#15]
Why is it $30? Is it crap? Why not charge $200 and make something really good?

*(Posted 2007) [#16]
I think the main thing with the $30 is that people have paid and they have yet to see any return on it, even Pure Basic has the columned list boxes. Yes there has been a fix posted in the forums but surely the fixes should be down to the programmers or at least add it to the system.

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2007) [#17]
It looks like skid has recommenced activity on the overhauled axe version win32 maxgui, hopefully once this is done we'll see some more functionality. (Multicolumn listboxes, setgadgettooltip, setgadgetimage on everything would do me).

hub(Posted 2007) [#18]
Yes hope Skid could do this ! i'm coding my game level editor using maxgui. it's perfect to mix canvas and gui ! We need some bugs fixed and more functionality !

*(Posted 2007) [#19]
also perfectly working cross platform compatibility

Scaremonger(Posted 2007) [#20]
Im with Brucey, maybe its a thing for the community to 'rectify'?

Isn't that what Brucey is doing by converting wxWidgets to Blitzmax!