MaxGUI documentation

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI documentation

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#1]
Sorry for this "stupid" but where I can find MaxGUI documentation?

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#2]
When you start the bmx ide at the very bottom there's a link: "Tutorial" -> "MaxGui Overview".
Also I highly recommend the tutorials here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=54579 to get you started.
Like with normal bmx you can press "F1" on highlighted commands to reach the documentation.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks Grisu,

The tutorials you mentioned are really great but I think that if someone wants to get the full power needs a complete documentation.
Does these tutorials covers all aspects of MaxGUI?

BTW: In "my" IDE the MaxGui Overview lies on the "Tutorials" help screen.

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#4]
You can always dig in the maxgui source files to get a list of all commands present. - But that's not quite what your're after.

From my memory the tutorial link I gave you covers all main aspects. The full power comes with what you make out of the commands given. :)

Sorry, I can't be of more help regarding your question.

P.S.: Just make sure you're using latest bmx1.26+syncmods.

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#5]
If you have installed 1,26 and done a syncmods to download MaxGUI you then need to 'rebuild documentation' to get MaxGUI docs.
For tutorials then use Assari's MaxGUI tutorial.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks tonyg!
That was it (I had to 'rebuild documentation')
Now I can see the MaxGUI in help

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#7]
Ahm, doesn't the ide rebuild the docs after the installation by default?!? *confused*

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yap, it is true that Max IDE it is not in the TOP 10... and during the upgrade process it is not mentioned to rebuild the docs

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ahm, doesn't the ide rebuild the docs after the installation by default?!? *confused*

That's right but MaxGUI is downloaded after the install.

degac(Posted 2007) [#10]
Where are the examples that come with MaxGUI documentation?
In 1.24 I have the command CreateWindow and then a tiny example of its works.
Now with 1.26 (sync, rebuild and IDE restarted) I have only the commands but no more examples.

Dreamora(Posted 2007) [#11]
Examples are now in a separate folder in the docs folder, you could crawl through that one.

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#12]
Thanks a lot I noticed that