Tooltips flickering over canvases

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Tooltips flickering over canvases

dan_upright(Posted 2007) [#1]
When I repaint a canvas, any tooltips overlapping the canvas flicker briefly during the repaint.

This might not sound like much of an issue, but the program displays balloon style tooltips from the systray so the flickering is really noticable.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?

LineOf7s(Posted 2007) [#2]
Unhelpful I know, but

1) DAN/DARTH/VINCE!!
2) The link in your sig in non functional. Boofhead.

We now return you to a potentially helpful and on-topic reply.

dan_upright(Posted 2007) [#3]
hey line, how's tricks?

i've been off battling aliens in a paralell dimension, but i turned 30 at the end of august and since paralell dimensional alien battling is a young man's game i thought i'd come back to coding

and cheers for spotting the sig snafu - i really must get around to finding a new home on the web

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have this problem since my editor renders in real-time, so it always erases toolbar tips. I have them removed for now.

SebHoll(Posted 2008) [#5]
There isn't much that can be done about this as drawing on a hwnd invalidates that area on screen when you are painting to it and so anything on-top has to be redrawn. Because of the nature of BlitzMax canvases, you are always drawing directly to the screen over anything that is there already.

JoshK(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yeah, I figured it was more just the way Windows is designed than a problem to be fixed.