Have you ever seen this 2 Animated APP Icon?

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Have you ever seen this 2 Animated APP Icon?

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#1]
Click here to download!

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#2]

No MinGW used to make this baby, Coded only with MaxGUI as always.
Eventually I want to Inject this stuff into any APP with my Preprocessor (My next worklog)

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#3]
"The page you have requested could not be found. (404)"

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#4]
I was working on a new site, I just downloaded it ok from my end.

I changed the links for yah, cheers, let me know if it doesnt work please.

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#5]
OK, it looks like it's working, with a few minor issues:

As you can see, there's some artifacts on the right side of the icon (weird vertical line)

Also, the background of the icon stands out a lot on my computer using the windows classic theme. You could work around that one by obtaining the color of the titlebar first, using this:

finally, although the App Icon itself is animated, the icon in the taskbar still lists the default white square, although I assume you skipped setting something there altogether

Interesting idea, though!

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#6]
Edit: I just noticed that the vertical line to the right of the icon is actually a part of the default 'white box' application icon underneath the pacman one.

If I move the window sideways, pacman lags a little and I can see the original icon appearing half underneath it.

You may want to look into reading the graphics settings to account for scaling issues, since it's quite likely that people using larger (or smaller!) than default titlebar fonts or window sizes could end up with weird resulting graphics...

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#7]
Interesting, I will look at a fix, It looks good on my PC (winXP)

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#8]
There is a new Build uploaded, that should fix the artifact prob, will add your code later, thanks for feedback.

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#9]
There is a new Build uploaded, that should fix the artifact prob, will add your code later, thanks for feedback.

Yup, it looks better now, the line is gone.

(although I can still see the original icon peek out from under it when moving the window horizontally -- but there probably won't be much you can do about that)

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#10]
I will look into improvements, but its only really a demo.
On my PC its virtually impossible to spot the icons "Lag".

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#11]
@xlisor
Function GetSysColor:Int(index:Int) = <a href="mailto:\"GetSysColor@4\"">\"GetSysColor@4\"</a>

Expecting Identifer but encountered "<"

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#12]
Aaargh.

It's the forum codes that mess it up.

This is what is is supposed to say:

Function GetSysColor:Int(index:Int) = "GetSysColor[AT-SYMBOL]4"

Replay '[AT-SYMBOL]" with the @-sign

The forum has some code in it that tries to break potentially malicious java script, but unfortunately it also garbles many of the code snippets posted here...

Boulderdash(Posted 2007) [#13]
I have a lot to learn.....

The new code is in and the new executable uploaded.

I also get Lots of windows artifacts when dragging any normal window around anyway.