Icon Strip Transparency?

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Icon Strip Transparency?

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#1]
I've been searching the forums, trying to find a way to get images with transparency information loaded as Icon Strips. I found a thread where someone said you had to use 255,0,255 as the background color and it would be masked out, but it's not, I get the magenta background drawn. So is there another way to get some kind of transparency? It only needs to be 1 bit transparency aka masking, that's all I need.

Oh, and I'm talking about Win32 here as it seems that this is not such an issue on OSX and Linux.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#2]
As far as I'm aware, the Windows API will mask the toolbar with the colour of the far bottom-right pixel. So, if this is magenta, then the rest of the icon strip that is magenta will be masked.

Make sure that this pixel is your background colour (i.e. you don't have part of an icon drawn there).

Edit: On second thoughts, it might be top left. :-)

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#3]
I'm actually using them for Icons on Tabs, and I have confirmed that the bottom right pixel is my background color. Anyway, I tried it for toolbars as well, and they show up magenta too, no masked pixels.

grable(Posted 2007) [#4]
All I do is use PNG with an alpha channel, take a look at the toolbar icons for MaxIDE itself for an example.

Gabriel(Posted 2007) [#5]
Hey cool, that actally works! It never worked for me before on XP, but on Vista, it does. The app in question is only for me, so that's all that matters. Thanks for the tip!