MaxGUI/BlitzPlus differences?

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI/BlitzPlus differences?

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#1]
im just wondering,whats the main differences in gui creation between maxgui and blitz+?

Yan(Posted 2007) [#2]
BlitzMax Tutorials and Articles>MaxGUI Overview>Porting from BlitzPlus...

??

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#3]
erm,thanks yan,though i admit though,im a little confused by your post,lol

am i to take it they are different then?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#4]
Yes, they are different.
Go to BlitzMax
Tutorials and Articles>MaxGUI Overview
in your IDE.
The intro states
The command set originates from the original BlitzPlus "Gadget" based names providing a healthy amount of backward compatability for users wishing to port code developed in BlitzPlus.

and section
Porting from BlitzPlus
states
The following are a few issues that you may encounter when porting code from BlitzPlus.

etc etc

Yan(Posted 2007) [#5]
Excuse my lazy minimalist posting. ;o)

I was attempting to point you to the relevant section of BMax's documentation.

It's just struck me that you may not get that section if you haven't got MaxGUI (I can't remember), so the gist of it is:-

The codes returned by the WaitEvent and EventID commands are not the same as BlitzPlus.

TextAreas no longer generate Key Up, Key Down or Key Stroke events...Instead the new SetGadgetFilter command can be used to install a callback routine ...

There is a new PopupWindowMenu command that can be used for implementing context menus...

Or is that not the sort of thing you were after?

Dabz(Posted 2007) [#6]

Excuse my lazy minimalist posting. ;o)

lol,sorry if i appeared rude, :) that wasnt my intention.

i havent floated around in the ide for long,so please excuse my beginnerness.

I had a good look around,and it appears that i was in fact looking in the wrong place.since max always opens on the source file,i spent my search in the right hand pane,where the module stuff is.though and behold, a little twinkle on the top-left hand side of the text editor drew me towards the 'help' tab (:-]),which linked to the articles you mentioned.

thanks for your help guys,i really appreciate it,and that does indeed answer my question.