Open File Dialog Win32

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Open File Dialog Win32

Nennig(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to have an Open File dialog with MaxGui and how this works.

Can I access the WinXP default one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yep - it's actually in the standard BlitzMax installation under the BRL.System module and is therefore cross-platform.

Basically, you use RequestFile$() - look it up in the BlitzMax docs for a working example and parameter information.

Nennig(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks a lot Seb, you helped me with a little program I need to write to make my life easier at work.

SebHoll(Posted 2007) [#4]
No probs, just in case you didn't see the others, there is also RequestColor(), RequestDir() and in the MaxGUI module there is RequestFont().

Nennig(Posted 2007) [#5]
Many thanks. I am sure I will find an opportunity to use them as well.
Never thought that Bmax would help me with my job ;-)

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#6]
Make sure that you check the workaround for the file requester bug posted here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=62957

Nennig(Posted 2007) [#7]
Interesting...Thanks Grisu.

THANOS(Posted 2015) [#8]
Hello everyone. I'm new here in this forum and I'm glad there is this large community and the full detailed help in BlitzMax. I have noticed however a problem BlitzMax has when I use the RequestFile$():
When the filedialog shows on screen and I choose to select a file which as a filename combosed by unicode characters, the "filename$" variable returns the name of the file as question marks, something like this: "????????". Isn't there any way to give some kind of command which can return to me the old 8.1 MS-DOS version of the filename to avoid this problem?