Keeping Gadgets Together when maximizing/resizing

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Keeping Gadgets Together when maximizing/resizing

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, Im new to MAX-GUI, I only got it a few weeks back...

So far I have made a Front end for my emulator and now im making a - Highlighted Syntax Editor - like BMAX, its even 90% complete!

The Highlighted Syntax works perfectly and it was easy to learn as I goes with the new addition (MAX-GUI), You can open many files at once just like BMAX IDE with tabs.

You will be able to select the type of source code like C,BASIC or Assembler, (Assembler will have small differences like commands are tabulated lables are not etc)

It can do a couple of more things like keep all source code left justified, and automatically insert a space if you forget between commands and operands, shows line number in status bar.

Except that the source code is a fraction of the size.

The problems is that when I resize the window the tabber on the right doesnt stay locked to the right hand side.

Is it something to do with the SetGadgetLayout command?
or do I reposition the right tabber on an event?

even better how would I group two tabbers together like your BMAX IDE so that you can drag and resize the tabbers, this is what I really want to achieve.

On the right Tabber I want to show a real-time help textarea for the command currently under the cursor or type in to text box, and show other useful information like included files list, autoframework list, function/label list, variable list.

Im only learning to code this new stuff.

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#2]
OK, I solved that one, it was the setgadgetlayout command,Its looking very good,Its right up there with MAX IDE so far, but with no find,undo,printer stuff etc, seems to works ok for HTML also, ZIP file size is under 200K so far.

I want things like dynamic help on the right tabber, always just a glance to the right away.

BUT still cant drag and resize left/right tabbers?

This GUI stuff is brillant, I have always wanted so much power in my apps, now I have it....I cannot complain so far, the value is good! forget about what cant be done, there are soooo many commands now, im like a baby in a candy store!

Boulderdash(Posted 2006) [#3]

never mind. skidracer has posted the answer in the divider gadget topic.