Canvases and Alpha

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/Canvases and Alpha

Adam Novagen(Posted 2016) [#1]
So I'm cobbling together a small tool to aid me in the creation of a larger project, but finding myself repeatedly bogged down with a lack of understanding (or decent documentation) of MaxGUI. My current issue is drawing on a canvas with alpha enabled. Have a microversion of my current issue:

As you can see, the circle is supposed to be drawn at 60% alpha, but has no transparency applied to it. If the alpha is set to .5 or below, the circle disappears completely. So, is there a way to support a proper alpha buffer on a canvas?

Adam Novagen(Posted 2016) [#2]
WOW never mind, I had completely forgotten that it's necessary to call SetBlend ALPHABLEND to enable alpha blending. Dear god, I've clearly been banging my head against the wall too much today, I should give it a rest for tomorrow.

Bonus question from the code sample still stands though: why is Import MaxGUI.Drivers necessary to use MaxGUI? I thought BlitzMax just pulled in every single module at build unless you used the Framework command, but then I still only have a somewhat dim understanding of modules, imports and frameworks.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Try using the framework assistant, just do a site search and you'll find it :)

Adam Novagen(Posted 2016) [#4]
I have the framework assistant, I use it for finalizing a build so I can shrink the executable. My question is why an Import command would be necessary at all if Framework isn't being used. Anyway, the main topic for this thread is resolved so I'd do better to address that question to a different subforum.