MaxGUI own version

BlitzMax Forums/MaxGUI Module/MaxGUI own version

degac(Posted 2013) [#1]
Hi to all

I've decided to make 'public' some changes I've made in the time to MaxGUI module.
Some of these changes are made only thanks to BlitzMax community, so thanks again.

There are nothing extraordinaire, just only some little changes.
First every command (CreateButton, CreateSlider...) have its own parameter: just type in the IDE, hit F1, and you'll see what I mean (x:int=-1, y:int=-1 and so on). This is needed to the AUTOALIGNMENT feature I've implemented.

To activate it you need to use the command
SetGadgetAligment window,MAXGUI_VERTICAL
then you can add your command (like CreateButton("test")) without specifying other dimensions paramenters.
DoAlignment will do the work for you.

This is the main features.

Other things are:
AddGadgetItems gadget,list/array/map to add in a single command a list of items to a gadget like combobox or listbox.

I've implemented some tweaks in Enable/Disable gadget function to keep the gadget state (I really don't know it this 'bug' was resolved in the time... sorry)

SetTextAlignment gadget,LABEL_LEFT/RIGHT
SetGadgetStyle gadget,LABEL_SUNKENFRAME/LABEL_FRAME

these 2 commands are still in BETA (win32,FLTK), just works only for labels (and only in FLTK for the second one).

Here the link http://www.graphio.net/download/degac-maxgui.mod.zip
How to install:
1. *FIRST* make a copy of your current MAXGUI.MOD folder (just move in another folder) and delete it to be sure.
2. extract my .zip file in BLITZMAX/MOD folder (you should find a 'maxgui.mod' folder
3. Build modules
4. Rebuild documentation

Tada!!!

Please report any feedback or suggestion.
Have fun!

Scaremonger(Posted 2014) [#2]
Very cool, Thanks :)

Grisu(Posted 2014) [#3]
Hey Christian!

Thanks for sharing your code. "AddGadgetItems" is very useful if you need to handle listboxes with thousands of entries.

degac(Posted 2014) [#4]
Well, thanks! This means there are at least 2 other MaxGUI users :D
Remember, I've tested it ONLY on win32!

Henri(Posted 2014) [#5]
Hello,

I have couple of big projects that depend on MaxGUI, so there are at least 3 users :-).
And I'm in it for the long run

-Henri

Midimaster(Posted 2014) [#6]
No, we are four!

Also 2 of my commercial projects need a working MaxGui. But both targets Mac and Windows.

John G(Posted 2014) [#7]
Yes to using MaxGUI -- both WIN and MAC.

degac(Posted 2014) [#8]
Well, we are many! Nice to see this!

For who is interested I've uploaded HERE a proxygadget.mod that contains other gadgets than the original Splitter, Hyperlink and ScrollPanel.
Some of the gadgets are rework of other users project/ideas (Spinner is from Josh Klint, I've changed it a little bit).

Here you can find screenshots, video and more informations about them.

PS: installation guide
1. make a copy of proxygadget.mod in blitzmax/mod/maxgui.mod
2. delete the original proxygadget.mod
3. extract the .zip in blitzmax/mod/maxgui.mod
4. MaxIDE, CTRL+D
5. Rebuild documentation

Tested only under Win32

Please report any feedback or suggestion.
Have a nice day!