How to compile the Box2D mod ? Please help !

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/How to compile the Box2D mod ? Please help !

Vampire(Posted 2013) [#1]
How can I turn this file (https://code.google.com/p/maxmods/downloads/detail?name=box2d_1_04_src.zip&can=2&q=) into a usable form so my game has 2D physics?

col(Posted 2013) [#2]
Download the zip file. Extract it so that you have this folder structure in your BlitzMax folder :-

BlitzMax/mod/bah/box2d.mod/ ( all the files from the .zip archive will be here )

You then need to build the module. To build a module that has c/++ code in the source ( box2d does ) you'll need MingW ( A guide is here to help ) installed correctly. Then using your BlitzMax editor, choose Rebuild Modules from the Program Menu.

You should then be able to load and run the examples in the box2d/examples folder.

Vampire(Posted 2013) [#3]
I hope that apart from running the examples I shall be able to use Box2D as a library :)

Vampire(Posted 2013) [#4]
BTW, there writes two times "you are ready to go". What does that mean?

col(Posted 2013) [#5]
The examples show you how to use it as a library. If you also choose to 'Rebuild Documentation' you will have text highlighting for the new commands, and also the option to press F1 over those commands to give more detailed help.

col(Posted 2013) [#6]
'Ready to go' in that context means the equivalent of 'your computer is now setup correctly, so you can have trouble free experiences' ;-)

Vampire(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thank you very much, now I have 2D physics! Your 'documentation rebuilding' recommendation is OK but how to obtain a function reference (command list) of Box2D module? And does choosing 'rebuild documentation' harm any existing doc?

Ole JR(Posted 2013) [#8]
No, it doesn't harm any existing docs.
And you'll find docs for any third party modules, if they have any that is,
under Third party modules.

Ole JR

Vampire(Posted 2013) [#9]
@ Ole JR

Also thank you buddy, Box2D docs just cool!