MYSQL and ODBC?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/MYSQL and ODBC?

Thareh(Posted 2012) [#1]
Hi!
I'm trying to connect with the MySQL database module to my second server (my first one I can connect to) - I'm getting this error:
(2) Error connecting to database : Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'MY-IP-ADRESS-HERE' (using password: NO) (1045)  :

I'm not trying to connect using the user: 'ODBC' and nor do I have the ODBC module installed. Is Is this some kind of feature that can't be disabled?

Thanks!

(First MySQL server version: 5.5 - Second MySQL server version: 5.0.51 - DLL version: 5.0.51a)

Last edited 2012

Last edited 2012

Brucey(Posted 2012) [#2]
Perhaps user rights/grants on the second server are not the same as those on the first.

According to the internet, the user "ODBC" is possibly a default username on Windows for MySQL, and maybe it is falling back to that because of permissions problems.

Derron(Posted 2012) [#3]
ODBC is used by default if no password is given for root... it is just a not so explizit "IIS"-Error.
Change your IIS-Settings so it uses integrated windows authentification.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247931 may help too.

PS: nice to read your nick in current postings @ brucey.

bye
Ron

Thareh(Posted 2012) [#4]
Thanks for the replies! I solved the issue:
When using 'LoadDatabase()' with the username and password it works.
I was using the 'LoadDatabase()' without the username and password and then using the '.Open( Username, Password )' function.

The reason I was using the '.Open()' function was that I just couldn't get the connection to work - no errors just connection lost. And this was the only error message I could get :P Turns out the MySQL ping function doesn't work against that server, my guess is that it doesn't respond to pings due to security restrictions - In case anyone else has this problem! :)