Need Help with downloading and Setting up modules

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Need Help with downloading and Setting up modules

Rico(Posted 2011) [#1]
My hard drive broke recently and i am having to reinstall everything again on the new one.

I can't remember how to install the modules i need, and the link on Bruceys site seems to be broken

can someone tell me everything i need to do. I am starting with the box2D module. So far i have downloaded the box2D module but when i tried to extract the files - i get lots of errors. It kept saying (for various different folders with pop up) 'Encryption Loss do you want to copy this file without encryption?'

please help thank you

Floyd(Posted 2011) [#2]
The BaH modules are now at MaxMods GoogleCode. The "How to install" link seems to work.

You should be able to tell the unzip utility to proceed, losing encryption. But in general you should avoid the default archive tool built into Windows. I use 7-zip which is better, faster and free.

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#3]
Unless you want to use the binaries provided by Brucey I'd say this sounds like a job for Maximus.

Rico(Posted 2011) [#4]
Flyod - The install link works but then the one about building the modules (on the 'How To Install' page) doesnt work - the MinGW one. Thats the bit i have forgotten. Thanks for reminding me about 7-zip, i did used have that installed on my old computer but only remembered when you mentioned it. So i will install that again now :)

Htbaa - I like the sound of Maximus very much, sounds great!. Hope it works ok on Vista :)

Htbaa(Posted 2011) [#5]
Maximus should work fine on Vista. If not, let me know.