bah.chipmunk + bah.magick broken w Blitzmax 1.44?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/bah.chipmunk + bah.magick broken w Blitzmax 1.44?

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#1]
I noticed that after upgrading to Blitzmax 1.44 with the recommended new MinGW, I'm getting errors recompiling bah.chipmunk and bah.magick:

bah.chipmunk:

Compiling:cpRotaryLimitJoint.c
Compiling:cpSimpleMotor.c
Compiling:cpSlideJoint.c
Compiling:glue.cpp
In file included from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/chipmunk.h:2
9:0,
from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/glue.cpp:25:
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/chipmunk_types.h:31:9: error: 'size_t' does not name a type
In file included from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/chipmunk.h:9
6:0,
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpHashSet.h:30:2: error: 'cpHashValue' does not name a type
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpHashSet.h:70:39: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpHashSet.h:72:39: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpHashSet.h:74:37: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
In file included from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/chipmunk.h:9
7:0,
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpSpaceHash.h:77:54: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpSpaceHash.h:79:54: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpSpaceHash.h:89:60: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
9:0,
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpShape.h:94:2: error: 'cpHashValue' does not name a type
In file included from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/chipmunk.h:1
02:0,
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpArbiter.h:47:2: error: 'cpHashValue' does not name a type
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/src/cpArbiter.h:51:76: error: 'cpHashValue' has not been declared
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/glue.cpp: In function 'unsigned int bmx_CP_HASH_PAIR(int, int)':
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/glue.cpp:181:9: error: 'cpHashValue' was not declared in this scope
Build Error: failed to compile c:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod/glue.cpp

and bah.Magick:

Compiling:identity.c
Compiling:jbig.c
Compiling:jp2.c
Compiling:jpeg.c
In file included from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/libjpeg.mod/jpeglib.h:26:0,
from C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/magick.mod/src/coders/jpeg.c:
114:
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/libjpeg.mod/jmorecfg.h:140:15: error: conflicting types for 'UINT8'
C:\MinGW\include/basetsd.h:56:23: note: previous declaration of 'UINT8' was here
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/libjpeg.mod/jmorecfg.h:149:22: error: conflicting types for 'UINT16'
C:\MinGW\include/basetsd.h:57:24: note: previous declaration of 'UINT16' was here
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/magick.mod/src/coder
s/jpeg.c

(also errors on retroremakes.rrfw, but that's not one of Brucey's mods)

bmk_ng also stopped working, but everything else appears to recompile just fine with the new stock versions.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#2]
Bump.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#3]
bah.raknet is also failing recompile:

Compiling:VariadicSQLParser.cpp
Compiling:WSAStartupSingleton.cpp
Compiling:_FindFirst.cpp
Compiling:glue.cpp
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp: In function 'bool bmx_RakPeer_Startup(RakPeerInterface*, int, int, MaxSocketDescriptor*)':
C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp:229:105: error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/Code/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknet.mod/glue.cpp

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#4]
I've fixed the chipmunk and raknet builds.

No solution for magick as yet :(
It appears to be a bug with jpeglib, as discussed on the graphics macgick forum.

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#5]
Thanks, I got the svn update of chcipmunk last night and it compiles fine now, and will check Raknet this evening.

Too bad about Magick... :-?

Zeke(Posted 2011) [#6]
raknet fix:
ModuleInfo "CC_OPTS: -fpermissive"

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#7]
Yeah, svn raknet works too now.

Hopefully that libjpeg bug gets squished some time in the near future as well. :-?

Glenn Dodd(Posted 2011) [#8]
any updates on the magick issue?

Russell(Posted 2011) [#9]
<Bump>

I, too, would be interested in getting magick.mod to work under the new Bmax/MinGW. I wonder how many people use the magick.mod? Or, for that matter, I wonder what the most popular third party mods are? I would imagine something like FreeImage or Box2D?

I guess it just depends on what kinds of program(s) the end-user is currently working on...

Russell