Compiling MaxIDE with gtkmaxgui

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Compiling MaxIDE with gtkmaxgui

MindWorm(Posted 2011) [#1]
Today I downloaded gtkmaxgui via svn and tried to compile MaxIDE (v 1.40) using gtk instead of fltk under Ubuntu 11.04.

First I tried compiling it with gtkwebgtkhtml, which didn't work, because the linker expected libgtkhtml-3.8, but on my system is version 3.14 installed.

Maybe it's possible to "downgrade" that library somehow or make a link to the newer version..?

Then I tried to compile it with gtkwebmozilla, which worked well, without any errors.
But when I started MaxIDE release version, it crashed with a segmentation fault.

Compiling and running MaxIDE in debug mode pointed me to line 1199 in maxide.bmx:
If fntLibrary[font_type] Then

saying "Unhandled Exception: Attempt to index array element beyond array length".

If I understand that correctly, there is a problem loading GUIFONT_SYSTEM.

Does anyone have an idea, what I could do to compile MaxIDE using gtk without this problems? It doesn't really matter to me, whether gtkwebmozilla or gtkwebgtkhtml is used to do so.

I'll be glad when I get some hints to the right direction.

Last edited 2011

MindWorm(Posted 2011) [#2]
Ok, I managed to find the line
Import "-lgtkhtml-3.8"
in gtkwebhtml.bmx, replaced it with
Import "-lgtkhtml-3.14"
, rebuilt all modules and compiled maxide.bmx afterwards.

It compiled fine and without errors. I launched the newly compiled maxide, which gave me an error (I would post that error, if I could, but... read on :) ).

The IDE started and I was able to compile some short test code with it. Everything looked ok, except the menu bar, in which every option was enclosed strangely in '{{' and '}}'.

After I closed MaxIDE, every attempt to launch it again gave me a segmentation fault. Also, the original and unmodified MaxIDE with fltk doesn't start anymore, throwing a segmentation fault, too.

So... It seems like I have to start from the beginning. :D

I'll let you know, if I work something out. Anyway, help would be appreciated, of course. :)

Update:
Sorry for holding a monologue.

I deleted "ide.ini" in "BlitzMax/cfg" and now both, the original fltk and the gtk MaxIDE can be launched again.

Now I'm able to post the error messages, that appear when starting gtk MaxIDE:
(<unknown>:3619): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tooltips_set_tip: assertion `widget != NULL' failed

(<unknown>:3619): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tooltips_set_tip: assertion `widget != NULL' failed

Last edited 2011