List of (Brucey's) modules' dependencies?

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/List of (Brucey's) modules' dependencies?

Russell(Posted 2011) [#1]
Now that I have everything working on re-install of Windows 7 (had a HD with the "death-rattle), I have been adding Brucey's modules in one at a time (The ones that I am most likely to make use of).

The first one to give me any trouble is bah.cairo:

Linking:clock.debug.exe
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cairo.mod/cairo.debug.win32.x86.a(cairo.c.debug.win32.x86.o):cairo.c:(.text+0x7a): undefined reference to `ffs'
Build Error: Failed to link C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/cairo.mod/examples/clock.debug.exe
Process complete

Actually, the module itself compiles fine, but the first example program I tried, "clock.bmx", gave this error.

I had a look in the "cairo.c" file in "cairo.mod/src" but couldn't make heads or tails of it... ;)

Is this a dependency issue? Either way, I think it would be quite useful to have a list of module dependencies (For example, I know Boost.mod is used by quite a few modules).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Russell

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#2]
ffs.... usually something I say under my breath when modules stop working :-p

xlsior(Posted 2011) [#3]
What version of MinGW are you using?

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#4]
ffs() is part of the standard libraries. It seems there's something wrong with your MinGW install somewhere.

My install of 4.5.2 is working as expected - if you have all the correct files copied into all the right places, it should just work. (heh... I guess that's stating the obvious, somewhat)

Russell(Posted 2011) [#5]
I have the 5.1.3 version of minGW (with GCC 3.4.2) only because that is the version Mark uses in his post on how to compile modules (I was having lots of problems with the newest version of minGW - either modules would compile but programs wouldn't or the other way around, or nothing would compile).

Now that I have (most) things working in the current config, I'm reluctant to change anything, but, maybe I can rename C:\MinGW to C:\MinGW(OLD) and try Mark's post, but using the latest minGW instead? If something goes wrong, I'll just revert back...

I'll let you know how it goes... <crosses fingers>

Russell

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#6]
Cairo should work with the standard version of BlitzMax.

Rixarn(Posted 2011) [#7]
I have exactly the same issue. My cairo module was doing just fine in version 1.23, itīs only in version 1.24 where i have that error (updated today)

I'm also using the 5.1.3 version of MinGW , but iwth GCC 3.4.5

=(