Success! Thanks, Ole JR!!! (And of course Brucey)

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Success! Thanks, Ole JR!!! (And of course Brucey)

Russell(Posted 2011) [#1]
Well, I can't imagine why, but removing the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environmental variable did the trick! This time around I only had two hiccups:

LibTorrent.mod reports(... = path to the file {C:Blitzmax/mod/bah.mod/}):
In file included from ... libtorrent.mod/include/libtorrent/peer_connection.hpp:42:0, from ...libtorrent.mod/src/peer_connection.cpp:41: .../libtorrent.mod/include/libtorrent/debug.hpp: In constructor 'libtorrent::logger(const boost::filesystem3::path&, const boost::filesystem3::path&, int, bool)':
.../libtorrent.mod/include/libtorrent/debug.hpp:67:18: error: 'complete' is not a member of 'libtorrent::fs'
Build error: Failed to compile ...libtorrent.mod/src/peer_connection.cpp

and wx.mod reports:
Overriding method differs by type [C:/Blitzmax/mod/wx.mod/wxglmax2d.mod/wxglmax2d.bmx;200;2]

(I looked at the offending line, 200 character 2 and noticed that the Method Draw() does not have return type (Probably because it doesn't return anything!). I replaced it with Draw:Int and the error remained.

I was surprised that bmk even compiled wx.mod, because I thought that the version I had was precompiled (I got it from here: http://wxmax.googlecode.com/files/wxmax_1_01_win32_bin.rar)

Still, I can just plop wx back in there and just remember to build modules individually from now on, rather than 'Rebuild all modules' (Otherwise, it will encounter the error above again).

So, again, THANKS A MILLION, Ole JR! And you too, Brucey, for patiently trying to help.

Maybe a note can be made somewhere about removing the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX from Windows 7 systems or whoever it seems to affect?

Anyone else have this environmental variable set? Having problems?

Russell

Ole JR(Posted 2011) [#2]
wx.mod from that archive is precompiled yes, but filedates are probably so far off that bmk recompile anyway.

But is it the latest version? svn is at 2.9.1.
AND is the libs in that archive compiled with gcc 4.5.x?

If not you might get a bunch of errors trying to use it..

Because of your error in xw.max me thing the above is going to happen.
That one (the error) comes from changes made to BlitzMax 1.36.

And for the libtorrent error, that broke when Brucey upgraded bah.boost to 1.46..

A rollback to revision 1155 of bah.boost will fix it.

Oh, and if you're using bmk_ng you can use custom.bmk to skip modules during module recompiles ;-)

Last edited 2011

Russell(Posted 2011) [#3]
I'm using a very recent version of TortoiseSVN (TortoiseSVN-1.6.13.20954-x64-svn-1.6.16.msi downloaded March 3rd). GCC is version 4.5.2

I got the pre-compiled wx from Brucey's website, so I assume they are the most recent.

It's 3:00am and I must go to bed! I'll work on this some more tomorrow (err, I mean later today...)

Russell