Error cascade upon building modules:

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Error cascade upon building modules:

Russell(Posted 2011) [#1]
I attempted to compile all of Brucey's modules (collected with TortoiseSVN). Most of them compiled fine, but there were some exceptions:

First the aforementioned error with freeimage (Thanks for your reply on that one. I'll give your suggestion a try as soon as possible). In the mean time, I deleted the freeimage.mod folder and 'build modules' so I could continue.

Next, I get an error returned from MingW:
C:/mingw/include/c++/3.4.2/bits/stl_vector.h highlights this line (line 221):
 this->_M_impl._M_finish = std::uninitialized_copy(__x.begin(), __x.end(),

This occurs (a huge list of errors dumped to the output window) after this line in the compiling process:
Compiling:CEGUIRenderingSurface.cpp

So, I delete the cegui.mod folder and continue again.
"ceguidirect3d9.mod" is next, because of the obvious dependencies. (Deleted)
I go ahead and delete all of the cegui mod folders (ceguiopengl.mod). Continue.

Next is Boost.mod (from the MaxIde):
#error Configuration not supported: Boost.Filesystem V3 and later requires std::wstring support

The error message from the output window was:
Compiling:utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp
In file included from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/boost.mod/src/boost/filesystem/config.hpp:31,
                 from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/boost.mod/src/libs/filesystem/src/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp:11:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/boost.mod/src/boost/filesystem/v3/config.hpp:49:5: #error Configuration not supported: Boost.Filesystem V3 and later requires std::wstring support
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/boost.mod/src/libs/filesystem/src/utf8_codecvt_facet.cpp

Delete Boost.mod
Continue.

Filesystemex.mod needs Boost, so delete filesystemex.mod, too...
Continue.

Next is freeimageext.mod, because of the freeimage.mod dependencies. Delete. Continue.

interprocess.mod needs boost.mod also, so it halted the compile process with a list of errors (all from glue.cpp within interprocess.mod). The first error line is:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/interprocess.mod/glue.cpp:27:55: boost/interprocess/shared_memory_object.hpp: No such file or directory

Delete interprocess.mod. Continue.

Ok, libtorrent.mod also needs boost.mod, so it returned this error:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libtorrent.mod/src/entry.cpp:38:26: boost/bind.hpp: No such file or directory

I deleted libtorrent.mod and continued again.

mathtoolkit.mod also needs boost.mod, so I deleted it and continued. ("No such file or directory")

Next error is from raknetrooms.mod:
<snip>
Compiling:RoomsContainer.cpp
In file included from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknetrooms.mod/src/Rooms/RoomsContainer.cpp:1:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknetrooms.mod/src/Rooms/RoomsContainer.h:426: error: `static int RakNet::AllGamesRoomsContainer::RoomsSortByName(RakNet::Room* const&, RakNet::Room* const&)' cannot appear in a constant-expression
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknetrooms.mod/src/Rooms/RoomsContainer.h:426: error: template argument 3 is invalid
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/raknetrooms.mod/src/Rooms/RoomsContainer.h:426: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `roomsOutput' with no type
<snip>

So, I delete raknetrooms.mod and continue.

rational.mod needs boost.mod. Delete. Continue

tesseract.mod gives this error:
Compiling:pagesegmain.cpp
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/tesseract.mod/src/ccmain/pagesegmain.cpp: In member function `int tesseract::Tesseract::AutoPageSeg(int, bool, bool, bool, BLOCK_LIST*, TO_BLOCK_LIST*, tesseract::Tesseract*, OSResults*)':
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/tesseract.mod/src/ccmain/pagesegmain.cpp:340: error: `unlink' undeclared (first use this function)
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/tesseract.mod/src/ccmain/pagesegmain.cpp:340: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/tesseract.mod/src/ccmain/pagesegmain.cpp

Delete tesseract.mod. Continue

xlwriter.mod:
Archiving:ramstream.debug.win32.x86.a
Compiling:xlwriter.bmx
ar: creating C:/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/ramstream.mod/ramstream.debug.win32.x86.a
Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'wx.wxzipoutputstream'
[C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/xlwriter.mod/xlwriter.bmx;42;1]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/xlwriter.mod/xlwriter.bmx

I don't have wxWidgets installed yet, so it may be related. Deleted xlwriter.mod. Continue.

datetime.mod also needs boost.mod. Boost.mod seems to be quite the popular module! Deleted it. Continue.

At this point there don't seem to be any more errors. Seventy Six modules compiled without problems (not counting the brl and pub modules).

Most of the errors stemmed from the lack of having the boost.mod module, so the vast majority of the 'problem' modules would otherwise have compiled without incident.

I'm using:
MaxIDE 1.40, which reports -
BCC 1.41
FASM 1.68
GCC 3.4.2
G++ 3.4.2
Windows 7 x64 (4GB memory)

Keep up the great work, Brucey. And thanks!
Russell