CEGUI linking problem

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/CEGUI linking problem

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#1]
Hi there,

I recently discovered your raknet wrapper, and decided to try it out. I compiled all the modules fine, but when I try to compile your examples, I get the following errors:

I was thinking of learning CEGUI as well, and start to use it in my own projects, but I cannot unless I solve this problem.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

I'm using BlitzMax 1.41 and GCC 4.4.1, if that is of any help.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#2]
You have link errors with CEGUI and FreeImage... which implies your BlitzMax and MinGW aren't set up correctly.
Remember, with the default bmk, you need to ensure that ar.exe and ld.exe are copied from MinGW to your BlitzMax/bin, and that all the appropriate files (.o and .a) are copied into BlitzMax/lib... then rebuild your modules.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#3]
I used CEGUI in the raknet examples because it made it a bit easier to interact with it - rather than sitting and writing a pile of stuff myself. And this way I am also testing CEGUI with BlitzMax :-)

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#4]
I am amazed at how fast you're responding! :)

Thanks for your help. I recently updated BlitzMax and I remembered to create a backup of all the .a files etc, and to integrate them into the new BlitzMax directory, but I forgot to replace ar.exe and ld.exe with the ones from MinGW! :) I'm recompiling all my modules right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited 2011

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#5]
It worked, but now I have another problem, running those examples. The program throws an exception, and in the standard error stream, I get the message:

Last edited 2011

Last edited 2011

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#6]
Hmm.. I may have missed something in a recent update... I'll take a look tomorrow when I am awake :-)

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#7]
Okay! :) Thanks for your help, man! :)

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#8]
I've updated a couple of files in SVN for the examples, which should work now with the latest CEGUI.
Apologies.

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#9]
Thanks Brucey, now it works! :) Only problem is I have 0.2 fps or something, at the moment, when trying out the examples. Weird.

Brucey(Posted 2011) [#10]
Seems a bit slow... should be flying along!

Which example are you running?

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#11]
"ChatClient.bmx" and "ChatServer.bmx".

AnthonyB(Posted 2011) [#12]
Any idea of what is causing this? I first thought my GFX card was about to break down, but I have no problem running Quake Live or any other OpenGL applications, so it shouldn't be a problem. I figured out how to use RakNet using your code alone, but I would really like to use CEGUI. It seems like a great library.