wxMax Mac custom IDE HELP!

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/wxMax Mac custom IDE HELP!

Joe B(Posted 2010) [#1]
Ok forgive me. I'm new to wxMax, I never needed to build a GUI app until now. So I'm late in coming on board. I have searched the forum hoping to find someone with this problem but I can't.

The problem is simple:
To sum it up, in the modified IDE for Mac, the "Build wxMax App" and "Build and Run wxMax App" options are greyed out. I can't click them, when I Cmd Shift R I get a beep. I hope I have everything installed correctly. Just to be sure I tried doing a build all and I get the following compile error.

Compiling:wxglmax2d.bmx
Compile Error: Overriding method differs by type
[/Applications/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxglmax2d.mod/wxglmax2d.bmx;200;2]
Build Error: failed to compile /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxglmax2d.mod/wxglmax2d.bmx

(I fixed the compiler error with the help of this thread http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90765 but the IDE still doesn't let me compile for wx)

I tried wiping out my install of BlitzMax and reinstalling. Then I put in the appstub.mod and wx.mod folders in the mod directory. I'm using the custom IDE for wxMax. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited 2010

Joe B(Posted 2010) [#2]
Ok fixed, I'm a newbie at modules. I always used blitzmax as is. So after rereading more carefully on the proper way to install Brucey's modules, I discovered this.

Brucey's modules appear under the namespace of BaH, and therefore there needs to be a namespace folder called bah.mod (the full path being BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod).

Generally, a packaged module will have the module folder and its contents. This module folder name will look like chipmunk.mod, and the folder should be placed into the namespace folder.

Thus, the path to the module BaH.Chipmunk, would actually look like this : BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/chipmunk.mod

SO
After following the directions I compiled the appstub.mod. Then I restarted the IDE and bango! I can now build for wx!