Bah.cegui setup

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Bah.cegui setup

macklebee(Posted 2010) [#1]
ok, I used SVN to get the latest files... but now what? What's the next step to make this useable? Where is the .mod folder? Where is bah.cegui/bah.ceguiopengl? Any help is appreciated. Perhaps a step by step for noobs?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#2]
Your mod folder is in your Blitzmax installation folder. cegui.mod should be located inside bah.mod. So the file structure should look like:

mod/
	bah.mod/
		cegui.mod
		ceguiopengl.mod
		ceguidirect3d9.mod
		regex.mod
		freeimage.mod

(you also need regex.mod and freeimage.mod for cegui)

So once they're in place you'll need to compile them. From the command line, locate to your blitzmax install folder, and within that the bin folder ie:
c:\blitzmax\bin\

Then use the following command:
bmk makemods bah

and that will compile the mods in your bah folder. Note that you'll need minGW installed, which you can find a nice guide here if you haven't done so already: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=90964

I think that's everything, I might have missed something though :)

macklebee(Posted 2010) [#3]
ah... i see what i was doing wrong with the SVN... thanks Pete, appreciate the reply.

macklebee(Posted 2010) [#4]
hmmm... it fails to compile once it hits BitMapAccess.cpp

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#5]
Have you definitely got freeimage.mod as well?

macklebee(Posted 2010) [#6]
yeah... dunno what the issue was... i went back through and downloaded again and reinstalled everything and I am not getting any issue with that anymore, but I fail to compile other parts...

then of course bah.cegui fails cause it cannot find the interface for bah.freeimage which causes bah.ceopengl to fail because it cannot find the interface for bah.cegui... =/

btw, using Vista 32bit, and MinGW 5.1.6

--Edit- ok, got rid of the boolean errors by uncommenting the code in jconfig.h based on a post here... now it fails still on freeimage but the error is here:
In file included from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/freeimage.mod/src/LibOpenJPEG/opj_includes.h:104,
                 from C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/freeimage.mod/src/LibOpenJPEG/bio.c:32:
C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/freeimage.mod/src/LibOpenJPEG/opj_malloc.h:67:25: mm_malloc.h: No such file or directory
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/freeimage.mod/src/LibOpenJPEG/bio.c

so now i guess i need to either find this file or comment this out?

--Edit again--- ok found the code for mm_malloc.h here: http://www.koders.com/c/fid734CB65BA142B297562A83D149492EFB419EBD8D.aspx

and then i was able to compile freeimage, then the rest of cegui... whew... pretty painful process for a noob... =(

macklebee(Posted 2010) [#7]
yeah ok... so that did not work... i get errors saying i have multiple definitions of _mm_malloc... jeebus.

anyone have a clue what to do to fix this? is the mm_malloc.h file i used wrong? why is it not in the SVN?

Edit--fixed by using version 948 of freeimage...