having trouble building wxMax

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/having trouble building wxMax

InvisibleKid(Posted 2010) [#1]
decided to check wxMax out (ya i know i'm late to the party), and when i build documents it seems to go on fine until i get this error:

Compiling:wxglmax2d.bmx
Compile Error: Overriding method differs by type
[C:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxglmax2d.mod/wxglmax2d.bmx;200;2]
Build Error: failed to compile C:/BlitzMax/mod/wx.mod/wxglmax2d.mod/wxglmax2d.bmx

also i've tried some of the examples and all the ones i've tried work except the 'treectrl' one gets an error for "GetItemText not found"

edit: i meant build modules..

InvisibleKid(Posted 2010) [#2]
so i guess THIS PERSON and myself are the only ones with the problem and no one else has any help or suggestions as to why it happens or how to fix the problem...?????

o'well

_Skully(Posted 2010) [#3]
Have you tried rebuilding the mod?

Pete Rigz(Posted 2010) [#4]
This should be addressed in the latest SVN version, if you can checkout from that it should compile fine. Otherwise you can fix it manually (but I recommend SVN for much less headaches in the long run), the overriding method it's referring to is the draw method on line 200, and it should look like this:

Method Draw( x0#,y0#,x1#,y1#,tx#,ty#,sx#,sy#,sw#,sh# )
		Assert seq=GraphicsSeq Else "Image does not exist"

Local u0#=sx * uscale
		Local v0#=sy * vscale
		Local u1#=(sx+sw) * uscale
		Local v1#=(sy+sh) * vscale

EnableTex name
		glBegin GL_QUADS
		glTexCoord2f u0,v0
		glVertex2f x0*ix+y0*iy+tx,x0*jx+y0*jy+ty
		glTexCoord2f u1,v0
		glVertex2f x1*ix+y0*iy+tx,x1*jx+y0*jy+ty
		glTexCoord2f u1,v1
		glVertex2f x1*ix+y1*iy+tx,x1*jx+y1*jy+ty
		glTexCoord2f u0,v1
		glVertex2f x0*ix+y1*iy+tx,x0*jx+y1*jy+ty
		glEnd
	End Method

And I've got a feeling you might also need to to add the following method into TGLMax2DDriver type of the same mod if it's not there:

Method SetResolution(width:Float, height:Float)
		glMatrixMode GL_PROJECTION
		glLoadIdentity
		glOrtho 0,width,height,0,-1,1
		glMatrixMode GL_MODELVIEW
	End Method

And finally in wxMax2D mod if it's not there already then you need to add into the type TwxMax2DDriver:

Method SetResolution(width:Float, height:Float)
	End Method

This is all because of recent changes to Blitzmax that added a few features like virtual resolution. I'm not sure if I've forgotten anything :)

InvisibleKid(Posted 2010) [#5]
thank you for the responses.

_Skully yep tried rebuild several times with vanella ide, CE ide, and blide no go.

Pete haven't used svn yet for anything, but i guess its time that i really should get into it.

thanks again, off to research svn options now :-s