using fmod or irrklang on the Mac

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/using fmod or irrklang on the Mac

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello!

THe docs state, that the .dylibs which come with the fmod/irrklang modules should be placed into the .app bundle - but:

- how do I achieve this? (simply copying it into the .app/Contents folder still lets the program crash
- can this be automated? (my turnarond times would drop heavily if I would have to do this manually after each rebuild

Thanks in advance for any hint!

DavidDC(Posted 2010) [#2]
Did you try app/Contents/MacOS/libfmodex.dylib?

Brucey's bmk ng lets you automate this but I'm not sure of the specifics.

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#3]
Hmm,

the contents of an .app archive seem to be updated during a recompile - rather than that a new .app archive is built.

The actual problem seems to be that the "MP3 plugin" cannot be found (the corresponding ikpMP3.dylib has also been placed in the .app archive)

EDIT: I even tried the "install_name_tool" to handle the case, that only the main .dylib was modified and the other one forgotten - but without success

Does anybody know how to let IrrKlang find its "plugin"?

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#4]
Hello again!

Does anybody know what I should do in order to let the MP§ plugin be invoked properly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#5]
For now, it should work by having it in the same folder as the app itself.
I'm looking into adding support for :
1) loadPlugins() which I haven't implemented yet, and takes a directory path as a parameter
2) auto-calling that API with the location of the exe within the bundle (which is what one would expect).

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
I've update SVN to irrKlang 1.3.0, as well as a fix which will look for plugins inside the app bundle (they should go into the MacOS folder).