maxunit and TAP

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/maxunit and TAP

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hey Brucey,

A quick question. Does maxunit.mod support TAP? I couldn't find it in the docs and the output doesn't look like it. Most test suites for other languages support it and it can be used to report test reports.

Just out of curiosity, does maxunit.mod lend itself to easily support this format?

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
Most test suites for other languages support it

Well, that's not entirely true. I'd never heard of it before your post, and I use JUnit extensively.

does maxunit.mod lend itself to easily support this format?

I'll need to investigate it more before I can give you a definitive answer.

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#3]
I'd say this is a pretty impressive list of test suites that support it. OK, maybe not most, but quite a lot actually.

There are several applications that can consume the TAP results, such as Smolder and more. Which is great for continues integration and stuff like that and keeping a history of reports.

As you can see the expected output is fairly simple (see Wikipedia for example). The consumers (like Smolder) expect a tar.gz file containing the results as TAP file, together with a YAML file containing the duration and order of tests.

Just curious as it would be nice to be able to write tests of which the results can be easily plugged into a consumer.