Small problem with ncurses module

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Small problem with ncurses module

theHand(Posted 2010) [#1]
On Ubuntu the ncurses module's examples run fine, but on Debian some of them give me error messages. Like the position.bmx example, upon trying to Compile it, it says
Identifier 'Draw' not found
But on Ubuntu the position.bmx compiles and runs fine. And on both I have "Build GUI App" unticked.

Now I have a more general question: Do you test on Debian or Ubuntu?
Because it seems to me that Ubuntu lets you get away with more by being "user-friendly" (when I first started using BlitzMax, on Debian, the maxide binary, as well as all of the files in the BlitzMax/bin folder, do not have execute permissions set (they must be set explicitly? they all have "-rwxr-xr-x" as mode), whereas on Ubuntu it checks to see if they are executables and changes their permission bits automatically) by trying to 'bridge the gap' in many ways.

If so, it's evidently not perfect, and I think that you might find that (if you don't already) testing and building these on Debian would reveal more issues than doing so on Ubuntu would. Even if not, Debian's the most commonly used distro (or number 2 after Ubuntu).

I've had other problems( misnomer?) on Debian that I did not on Ubuntu, including one with libxslt.mod