Cairo problem: failed assertion

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Cairo problem: failed assertion

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#1]
Hello Brucey!

I just started playing around with the current Cairo wrapper for BlitzMAX (on a Mac mini Intel running MacOS X 10.4.11).

I looked through the docs and decided to try the "Clock" example: it compiles fine but - during execution(! a small window pops up for a short time, at least) - runs into a "MaxIDE Compile Error"(!) claiming "failed assertion '!unscaled->from_face' " in file cairo-ft-font.c, line 558, char 35.

I tried the updated pub.freetype module - but the result was the same.

[edit]The second "clock" example has the same problem, but the "Text" examples run fine[/edit]
[edit]Meanwhile, I tried *all* examples found in the docs: they all run fine, only the "clock" examples fail[/edit]

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for your effort!

Rozek(Posted 2010) [#2]
Ok, I got it!

It's really simple: just open the source of a "clock" example and change the "tahoma" font name to "arial" - "Tahoma" is a Windows font!

Nevertheless, it's a bit strange, that Cairo runs into the "assertion failed" error rather than providing a meaningful error message.

Brucey: can you apply this change to the examples in order to avoid the situation, that others run into the same problem? Thanks in advance for your effort - and, of course, for this extremely useful wrapper: Cairo rocks!