bah.dbmysql help

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/bah.dbmysql help

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#1]
I have this weird issue going on. could be my version of libmysql.dll but im not sure. Anyway when i run the function

Global MySQL:TDBConnection = LoadDatabase("MYSQL", "mydatabase","my.ip.mysql.ipaddy",3306,"user","password")

of course i replace those with my real mysql host, user and pass. but the problem i get is it will say it cannot connect, but then it spits out a weird url to my ip address instead

(2) Error connecting to database : Access denied for user 'user'@...' (using password: YES) (1045)  : 

where the 000-0-000-000 is my computer's ip address. i thought perhaps i needed to add a mysql:// before it since a java script i have that does connect to my database online uses that. but that doesn't work here. Is there something i am doing wrong?

Htbaa(Posted 2010) [#2]
Seems to me like your MySQL server doesn't allow remote connections. Try connection with the same settings through MySQL Query Browser or a similar tool.

Leon Drake(Posted 2010) [#3]
NVM just had a self served FAIL right here. apparently i was using the wrong user pass for the database i was connecting to. i guess using my super user/pass was not allowed for this particular database