CrossCompile PPC FreeImage link problem

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/CrossCompile PPC FreeImage link problem

ima747(Posted 2010) [#1]
When trying to cross compile to a universal binary using maxide-ce 2.01 and bmk(ng) 2.07 everything compiles fine but I get this error when trying to link the PPC build

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
After some googling, I discovered that this is not an uncommon error, and is fixed by the addition of some extra link options for PPC binaries...

Sorry for the delay.

ima747(Posted 2010) [#3]
No worries, thanks for the response! Will there be an update with those lovely link options soon?

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
The source has been updated and available from the usual place :-)

ima747(Posted 2010) [#5]
Just got a chance to give it a shot. Everything compiles now! 1 problem/quirk though:

If I try to build with universal as a target it works fine. If I then build again without making any changes (say I hit build+run, exit the app then just hit build and run again) it tries to link and merge the PPC build again while still skipping the intel linking, which results in an error saying there's already PPC merged (which there is since it didn't rebuild intel, which is what clears PPC...). This isn't a huge problem since I plan on just building universal when it's time to test on PPC, but I think it should skip linking PPC/merging when it skips linking intel...

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
Okay, thanks. I'll look into that :-)