mysql and blobs

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/mysql and blobs

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#1]
Im testing the blob support in the mysql module. But i cant get the blob example to work. It bombs out with a errorbox that tells me "exception access violation" and it code seems to stop at query.execute(). I only tested this on windows but did something change that broke the blob support or is it something on my end.

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#2]
By the way. the normal text and time/date examples work correctly. it just the blob example that crashes

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#3]
I just tested it (from SVN) using the latest libmysql (6.0.2) connecting to MySQL 5.1 running on Linux. (this was also GCC 4.4.1, but it shouldn't matter too much)
It worked fine.

I've updated the includes to 6.0.2 in the module, so you'll just need to use a v6 dll now.

The same test is working on OS X and Linux - connecting to the same server.

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#4]
odd.I guess its just some dll problem then. well thanks for checking this out :=)

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#5]
Well. I decided to try out the blobs again in mysql on windows.
I still get errors when i try to load an image to the database.
(3) Error binding values : Using unsupported buffer type: 201462078 (parameter: 4) (4068) :

And this is using the example.
I use 6.0.2 dll and mysql 5.1

i just cant understand why.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#6]
I vaguely remember that error.
Something to do with the glue code compiled against a different version of the client libs than the dll the binary was using.

If you have the latest source (from SVN) and are sure that the DLL is the same (6.0.2), then a rebuild of the module should sort out that binding error...

bmk makemods -a bah.dbmysql

(module specific rebuild from the BlitzMax/bin folder)

Space_guy(Posted 2010) [#7]
Hey that worked :) Thanks alot!