Sample "treectrl.bmx" doesn't compile

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/Sample "treectrl.bmx" doesn't compile

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#1]
It doesn't.

plash(Posted 2010) [#2]
Do you plan on giving us the error log?
I find your lack of providing factual information (on multiple occasions) rather annoying.

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#3]
Why not just run it and see for yourself? There are multiple unrecognized types and commands. I'm not describing a program I wrote, I am describing a code file everyone has.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#4]
Do you plan on giving us the error log?
I find your lack of providing factual information (on multiple occasions) rather annoying.

Now now, Mr Howard ;-)

It doesn't indeed compile. Alas, it is an incomplete port of the C++ sample.
I partly blame myself, for not finishing it off when "someone" (who shall remain nameless) got tired of coding it and handed it over to me. That'll teach me to get someone else to do the dirty work :-p

TBH, you may be better off with MaxGUI :-)
(It is, after all, the "official" GUI for BlitzMax)

plash(Posted 2010) [#5]
Why not just run it and see for yourself? There are multiple unrecognized types and commands. I'm not describing a program I wrote, I am describing a code file everyone has.
How am I supposed to know if you're running the latest revision or an old release?

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#6]
I downloaded it yesterday.

The problem is I need multiselect treeviews with nodes that can be dragged around to edit the hierarchy. I've also found the Windows GUI to be extremely slow and prone to refresh errors on Windows 7 (in general, not due to a fault of MaxGUI.)

DavidDC(Posted 2010) [#7]
I partly blame myself, for not finishing it off when "someone" (who shall remain nameless) got tired of coding it and handed it over to me

:blush:

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#8]
;-)

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#9]
Win32 compilation of the wx mod seems broken altogether now:

Compiling:treelistctrl.cpp
Compiling:common.bmx
c:/code/blitzmax/mod/wx.mod/wxtreelistctrl.mod/src/treelistctrl.cpp: In member function `virtual bool wxEditTextCtrl::Destroy()':
c:/code/blitzmax/mod/wx.mod/wxtreelistctrl.mod/src/treelistctrl.cpp:1020: error: `wxTheApp' was not declared in this scope
Build Error: failed to compile (1) c:/code/blitzmax/mod/wx.mod/wxtreelistctrl.mod/src/treelistctrl.cpp

Build Error: failed to compile (1) c:/code/blitzmax/mod/wx.mod/wxtreelistctrl.mod/src/treelistctrl.cppMakeMods - Compiling New Threading Modules

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#10]
Win32 compilation of the wx mod seems broken altogether now

Yeah, I'm not sure why it broke there... I had to add an extra include to get that to build on Win32...

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#11]
Thanks again!

JoshK(Posted 2010) [#12]
Has this been fixed?

xlsior(Posted 2010) [#13]
Looks like there is still a problem with that particular sample -- Brucey did make some changes 9 months ago that enabled re-compilation of the WX mode itself, but the sample still errors out.