libcurlssl compile issue when rebuilding modules

BlitzMax Forums/Brucey's Modules/libcurlssl compile issue when rebuilding modules

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#1]
I've updated BlitzMax to v1.38, but in doing so I lost all of the bah mods (I didn't realise OS X would replace the folder and not just replace the existing items inside the folder). I've grabbed the latest release of libcurlssl from SVN (googlecode). On my OS X 10.6 machine, I encounter the following error when rebuilding modules:

Compiling:file.c
In file included from /Developer/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurlssl.mod/src/lib/file.c:74:
/Developer/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurlssl.mod/src/lib/urldata.h:126:21: error: libssh2.h: No such file or directory
/Developer/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurlssl.mod/src/lib/urldata.h:127:26: error: libssh2_sftp.h: No such file or directory
Build Error: failed to compile /Developer/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/libcurlssl.mod/src/lib/file.c

From what I can tell, that line is referencing a file that sits in a directory outside of the src folder (in an SSL folder).

Are there extra steps involved in building this module?

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#2]
in doing so I lost all of the bah mods

Ah yes. Always best to backup your old one first. The easiest way is just to rename it.
(I actually just copy the new (brl and pub) mod folders over, and the new binaries, rather than the whole new release. But that is of course, more hacky)

Are there extra steps involved in building this module?

Yes, you also need this module : BaH.libssh2
It's where the "ssh" stuff is.

Normally Blitzmax might throw an error when it can't find an imported module, but this will only happen AFTER any C/C++ code is built (ie. when it is building the bmx files).

Murilo(Posted 2010) [#3]
Argh! Thanks Brucey. I'm up and running again now.

Mac OS X still manages to catch me out every now and then... I keep expecting it to behave like Windows. Generally, I love OS X though.